Eric Horner Ministries Forum Index Eric Horner Ministries
Eric Horner Ministries - a music ministry of God and Country.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)  
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly
Joyous News!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Eric Horner Ministries Forum Index -> Testimonies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.

Posted:     Post subject:

jus2cusmile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Joyous News!!!!!  Reply with quote

Last night, my son, Zachary, who as you may know, recently graduated 15 weeks of ARMY Infantry Training, at Fort Benning.
He has already been given his 'orders' for deployment. Crying or Very sad

He leaves home on June 1'st 2008 for deployment to Iraq. THAT news hit me very hard and still does, when I think about my son going over there! Crying or Very sad So I try not to THINK about it too much and am REALLY trying to just give it up to God, but its not an easy thing to do, in light of the mess of this world.

Well, as you also know, I am born again, and my biggest prayer is that my 4 children would also accept Jesus too.
So, last night, Zach came into my room, shut the door and said he wanted to tell me something...something that he said he told his girlfriend that when he tells me, it would probably make me break out in tears.
I instantly thought he was going to tell me that he is deploying MUCH sooner and fear gripped my heart as I waited for his news.
He quietly said... "Mom, a couple nights ago...I accepted Jesus into my heart."
Very Happy Smile
Oh, the elation and utter joy I immediately felt after being so fearful of what he had to say!! What I thought would be the WORST news I could hear...turned out to be the BEST NEWS I could hear!!!
I got up, went to him, hugged him tightly, kissed his cheek and said, "Oh my God...Thank You Jesus! I'm so happy for you, Zach!! HE has always been with you, Zach..but NOW, you KNOW HE is!!"

I also asked... "Tell me...how did you feel at that VERY MOMENT you accepted Jesus?" Because I KNOW the physical feeling you have, and others too have said the same, so I wanted to hear his experience and the way he PHYSICALLY fely, not just emotionally.
He said... "I felt very warm all over and tingly too. It was like it washed over me." I grinned big, hugged him again and said, "Oh yes, that's the same way I felt!! Isn't it incredible???!!!"

He said it was strange, yet calming and that he felt different and 'lighter'. I said, "That's because burdons you carried are now upon Him, where he wants you to place them!"

So, it was a joyful moment for me...ESPECIALLY because he IS in the ARMY, he IS a US Infantry Soldier and IS going to Iraq next year, into a war, and knowing he is now saved, eases my mind some, knowing that he IS Saved and that he will now turn to Jesus and pray and give up what weighs him down, including any fears! As well as knowing his Soul is now 'safe' if the unthinkable happens, which I cannot even think about THAT or even say it!! But you know what I mean, I am sure.

So, I had to share this wonderful news of his accepting Jesus into his heart at last!!! Very Happy
Now, I continue to pray and patiently wait for the same for my husband and other 3 children!!! Very Happy

Blessings,
Cathy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How awesome!!!!!!!!!! Praise the Lord!!! We are so thrilled to hear the news. Now he serves in 2 Armies. I know that gives you great peace of mind. Please stay in touch with us and let us know how he's doing. We rejoice with you! To God be the glory, great things He hath done!!!!
                                        in Him
                                          Eric

Raise money for Eric Horner Ministries just by searching the Internet with GoodSearch - www.goodsearch.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Eric Horner Ministries Forum Index -> Testimonies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: